sculpts one-of-a-kind stylized stone animals. Her fine art sculptures are carved from a variety of the highest-quality white and colored marble, limestone, and alabaster. Her work is juried into national and international shows, shown in museums, and is held in private and public collections throughout North America. Ellen lives and works in Loveland, Colorado, a major center for sculpture in the United States.
Stone Sculptures in
Fine Art Shows
I have my stone sculptures in several great shows in 2022:
• “Tazz Like Jazz” is included in the 2022 Spring Online Juried Show sponsored by American Women Artists. The show runs from May 2022 to May 2023.
• “Clean Water” was accepted into the Artists for Conservation 2022 Virtual Exhibit online show beginning September 22, 2022. This show runs through September, 2023.
Please visit my shows page for the details on
my current and upcoming shows.
• “Tazz Like Jazz” received an Award of Merit at the 31st Annual 2022 Governor’s Art Show (ended May, 2022) at the Loveland Museum, Loveland, Colorado.
• “Arctic Wind” received the Evelyn and Peter Haller Award for the most outstanding and creative 3-D work at the 59th Annual Exhibition (ended December 31, 2019) of the Society of Animal Artists at the Briscoe Museum in San Antonio, Texas.
• I am delighted to be the recipient of the 2019 Marilyn Newmark Memorial Grant for excellence in animal sculpture, awarded by the National Sculpture Society.
On June 21, 2021, I was interviewed on the Skull Rock podcast channel.
Listen to the podcast online (you may have to scroll down to locate the play button) or
on your favorite podcast service or app. The interview starts at about 24:05 in the podcast.
Check out the new Video Discussions about my creative process.